Bambam The Time Traveller by Storywise (Storytelling & Craft Programme)
Join us for a fun storytelling and craft programme suitable for families and young children!
Join storyteller Juriah Atan and play pretend with Bambam as he puts on his cardboard suit and brings you on a wonderful joyride of imagination around old Bedok. Hear the exciting folktale of The White Ants and the Great Flood told by his great-great-great-great grandmother and travel back in time to when Bedok was a rain forest and animal and trees could talk.
No seat belts or safety helmets required – just climb on-board, open up your imagination and expect a thoroughly jolly storytelling session! The fun continues after the performance with an engaging craft activity inspired by the story for registered participants.
- Date: Session #1 19 Nov 2016 (Sat) | Session #2 26 Nov 2016 (Sat)
- Time: 3.00pm - 4.30pm
- Venue: Bedok Town Square (Meeting Point: Open area in front of stage)
Things To Note:
- Your registration will only be confirmed upon receiving an email from NAC.
- This programme is suitable for families and will be conducted in English.
- Interested participants can choose to attend either Session #1 or Session #2. Each session will take about 1.5 hours.
- Only registered participants will be allowed to participate in the accompanying craft activity after the storytelling session has concluded. Parents are required to accompany children under the age of 7 years old for the craft activity.
*This programme is inspired by Bambam’s Pretend Play! originally written by Nur Khairiah Mohd Amin as part of PLACES 2015, a writing and illustration project by Tampines Regional Library under the National Arts Council's Community Arts and Culture Node initiative.
About Arts in Your Neighbourhood
The Arts in Your Neighbourhood programme provides an enriching arts experience at one's doorstep. It is a series comprising interactive arts programmes by established artists and arts groups held at various spaces across the island.
Look out for a myriad of Dance, Music,Visual Arts and Theatre programmes, in addition to many other exciting programmes this November!
Arts for All is an initiative by National Arts Council to promote self-expression, creativity and bonding through the arts by bringing it to where people live, work and play.
Visit https://artsforall.sg/ayn for a full list of Arts in Your Neighbourhood activities from 10-27 November 2016.
Storywise is a professional storytelling company founded by Singapore storytelling pioneer, Sheila Wee. For this programme, Sheila has collaborated with Storywise Associate Artist Juriah Atan.Juriah is a Singaporean professional storyteller with 10 years of experience in performing for audiences ranging from pre-schoolers to senior citizens, at events organised by the Peranakan Museum, The Arts House and the Storytelling Association (Singapore). Her warm and entertaining style of storytelling has kept her audiences captivated and engaged.
Singapore Personal Data Protection Act
In compliance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act, we are committed to safeguarding your personal data. Please be assured that your personal details will be kept in strictest confidence and stored securely for stipulated use only.
[ Sat ] - [ Sat ]
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM SGT
- Bedok Town Square (between Bedok Mall and Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre)
Session #1 | 19 November 2016 | Saturday | 3.00pm - 4.30pm Session #2 | 26 November 2016 | Saturday | 3.00pm - 4.30pm
On sale until Nov 14, 2016, 12:00:00 PM
- Venue Address
- Bedok Town Square Singapore
Outside Bedok Mall